Dedicated to creating quality flutes that reflect your personality through hand selected woods like Amboyna Burl, Aromatic Cedar, Black Cherry, Black Walnut, Black Willow, Jarrah, Maple (curly, spalted, burl), Myrtle, Narra, Western Red Cedar, Padauk, Alaskan Yellow Cedar Burl, Ancient Kauri, Buckeye Burl and many more. Currently I am taking custom orders, focusing on making a special flute for you based on your needs. Each flute is taken through a process that ensures it will call out to you. Contact me for details jim@earthspiritflutes.com All flutes are created by Jim Davis soley

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Jarrah burl with Ebony and Jarrah accents

I came across this amazing piece of Jarrah burl wood but it was so badly checked (cracking) that I initially did not consider it would make a good flute but it was so nice I had to buy it anyway. After some thought I decided to try it by using jet black crushed stone inlayed in the cracks to seal the wood. Combining this with African black ebony and Jarrah accents this really turned out to be an amazing looking flute. The inlay process was time consuming but I think you'll agree it was worth the effort.

The totem is of the same Ebony and Jarrah laminated together to create a striking contrast in the abstract form of a wave to represent water. Tuned to high B this little guy sings loud and clear.





No comments: