Dedicated to creating quality flutes that reflect your personality through hand selected woods like Amboyna Burl, Aromatic Cedar, Black Cherry, Black Walnut, Black Willow, Jarrah, Maple (curly, spalted, burl), Myrtle, Narra, Western Red Cedar, Padauk, Alaskan Yellow Cedar Burl, Ancient Kauri, Buckeye Burl and many more. Currently I am taking custom orders, focusing on making a special flute for you based on your needs. Each flute is taken through a process that ensures it will call out to you. Contact me for details jim@earthspiritflutes.com All flutes are created by Jim Davis soley

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Low G, BHF Series

I found a left over piece of 4x4 western red cedar from my boys cabin and thought I would try a large bore flute. At 33inches total length 1 3/4 inch bore and 27 inch bore length, this would test the limits of my boring skills.

Shown with Mid F flute for comparison












The cedar is accented with black walnut and finished with tung oil to bring out the grain of the wood, once dry I will finish it in a durable high gloss clearcoat finish.

What does BHF stand for? Big Honkin' Flute. I'm already planning to go bigger for the next one.

No comments: